Our Contact Information:
Leduc & District Victim Services
#1, 4119 50th Street
Our Victim Service Unit Offers:
- Information about AB Victim programs
- Court Orientation and Support
- Intervention during crisis
- Support during grief
- Comfort and reassurance
- Personal Safety Plan information
- Printed Resource Materials & Info
- Privacy and Confidentiality
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of Leduc & District Victim Assistance Society is to provide a highly skilled, compassionate level of service to any victim of crime or tragedy, through our dedicated and trained staff and volunteers.
Our Victim Service Unit is a policed based, non-profit, charitable society that works in partnership with the Leduc, Beaumont, Devon, Edmonton Int'l Airport, Thorsby & Breton RCMP detachments to provide Support, Information and Referrals to persons in Leduc County & Breton during their time of crisis, trauma or tragedy whether it is as a victim of a crime, sudden death or crisis.
Goals Of The RCMP Victim Services Program:
- Lessen the immediate impact of a crime on a victim. This can be done by alleviating stress on that victim by providing support, information, and referrals in time of crisis;
- Help victims cope with the effects of crime by providing information on the following: their police file status, the court process and case disposition, Victim Impact Statements, police procedures, community resources, compensation application procedures (Restitution), and whatever else may be of help;
- Focus on the prevention of further victimization through education of crime prevention techniques and provide encouragement to the victim;
- To promote a positive liaison between the Police, the Court System and the Victim so that a better flow of information and support is created;
- Provide ongoing public awareness through the promotion of existing programs;
- To provide well trained volunteers who are able to maintain the integrity of and ensure confidentiality for all contacts with police, victims and the public at large.